Staff Council Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships
Staff Council offers two annual scholarships, the Frances Padilla Estavillo and Theadocia Hodges Richey Staff Council Scholarship and the Miguel Hernandez Staff Council Scholarship, to enhance, enrich and provide increased status and support for Texas State staff members in their endeavor for higher education. Staff Council awards these $1,000 scholarships to two staff members each spring to be utilized the following academic year. The scholarships, which are funded entirely through fundraising and charitable contributions, will be disbursed as $500 each long semester in the 2017-2018 academic year through the office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
Recipients will be required to maintain eligibility throughout the award year. Any recipient who fails to maintain their eligibility, will forfeit the scholarship award for the following long semester and will be required to reimburse the Staff Council Scholarship Fund.
Eligibility and Awards Criteria
1. Must be a full-time Texas State staff member
2. Must be employed at least 12 consecutive months prior to the application deadline
3. Must be enrolled in at least 3 semester credit hours at Texas State for the upcoming fall semester by the official 12th class day
4. Must be eligible for merit based on the applicant’s most recent performance appraisal
5. Must maintain an overall grade point average of 3.0 or greater
6. Must include one recommendation form
7. Must include a completed essay
Staff Council will send an email to all staff members announcing the application process for these scholarships.
Deadline and Submission
The application process will begin on January 31, 2018. Deadlines for submitting all applications and supporting documentation will be February 28, 2018. No late or incomplete packets will be considered.
- Online Staff Council Scholarship Application
- Overall Performance Appraisal (Score only)
- Online Staff Council Scholarship Recommendation Form (to be submitted by the Recommender)
- Completed Essay
The Staff Council Scholarship and Awards Committee will review the applications and provide a recommendation to the full Staff Council by March 6, 2018. Staff Council members will vote on the recommended award recipients at their March Staff Council meeting.
The Staff Council chair will notify the recipients by March 31, 2018. The recipients will also be invited to attend the September Staff Council meeting where the recipients will be recognized by the Texas State University president.
Any questions regarding the Staff Council Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships should be sent to Noel Fuller, Chair of the Staff Council Scholarship Committee.